Monday, March 9, 2015

Family Friendly on the Fix Part 1




Welcome to PART ONE of my Family Friendly Fix Recipes!

I have two kids who are pretty good eaters (depends on the day!) so I can usually make whatever, and they will at least try. Or, I only have to modify a little bit on their plates.

Who wants to cook TWICE for every meal for 21 days? Certainly not me! I got things to do and some sunshine to soak in now that Spring is in the air!

So this is part one of a few of the family friend 21 Day Fix recipes that I enjoy making, and my kids enjoy eating!

Breakfast:

Meal #1 Egg Muffins
These are super popular in my house! The kids love the shape, and love that they can dip something in ketchup (tell me you didn't do that as a kid, seriously!) at breakfast time!
You can substitute any of the egg filling, just be mindful of what containers they would fit into before you do too many subs. Other fun idea.... turkey sausage, mushrooms, or cheese!
Find the recipe and a video here!



Meal #2 Whole Wheat Protein Pancakes
Woo! Feel like you are indulging while getting a big dose of protein!
I like to eat mine with a half container of my fruit (berries or cut up mellon)
whole wheat protein pancakes


Lunch Time!!!

Meal #1 Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dip!
Okay seriously, what kid does not LOVE chicken fingers? My kids sort of rejected these the first 2 times, because they're used to McDonald's or the Tyson nuggets (#sorrynotsorry) but they soon warmed up to the idea.
These are really good chopped up and over a salad too if you are feeling a crispy chicken salad like you get from big restaurants! I put vinegar on my salad and dip the chicken in the honey mustard hehe!
Almost Crusted Chicken Fingers Recipe


Meal #2 Lemon Raspberry Shakeology
Probably a little more of a treat for mommy than for the kids, this is a great snack when you are craving coffee or a refreshing lemonade. All of those bad things you tend to reach for on a warm spring day... soda or maybe a beer! ugh!
Shakeology is my secret weapon against cravings... the second I want something, like a snack but I know that snack will be a treat, I blend up a shake. When I saw this on the Beachbody blog I said YES THIS IS THE ANSWER! For real... ricotta in a shake?? No really, try it!
Lemon Raspberry Ricotta Shakeology


In part two I will share some dinner recipes! 
Hope this was helpful... the Beachbody blog is a really great reference for recipes... as well as Pinterest! But what CAN'T you find on Pinterest anymore right??

For more info or to join one of my challenge groups...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!