Monday, May 22, 2017

YouV2 : Week One

I mean how appropriate is this??

PHEW! I have officially ended WEEK ONE of the newest Beachbody program, YouV2!
If you are curious about the program, go here for my rundown!

I thought it was important for me to document my journey with this program, especially as an already "fit" person, because I think people tend to get it in their head that Beachbody is all about BLOOD SWEAT AND SHAUN T!
And even though that is a lot of it, there are lots of programs and workouts for beginners. 




And thankfully, this newest one, is probably the biggest front door to the Beachbody World.  

Week One looked like this:

Each week you do one dance routine (30 minutes each) for all 5 days (Monday through Friday). Week One is Move Your Body. This is by far the easiest of the 3, with the lowest impact and easiest arm movements. So for this non dancer, it was perfect.

I could totally see how someone could get bored with doing the same workout for 5 days straight, but for a beginner, this is so key.
You will master each move, start to really get to know the moves, add some flavor, and have fun by day 5. 

Because I have no idea how to stop, I decided to do the other 2 dance routines on Saturday and Sunday, as a preview! And they get so much more fun from here! Week 4 is all about the strength exercises: Sculpt Shack, Sweat Sensation, and Believe Achieve Tone.

Are the workouts challenging enough for a fit person? YES! The arm movements alone in the week one routine made my shoulders ache by day 3. So I was for sure getting in a workout. As I learned the routine and got comfortable, I allowed myself to jump a little, go lower, and really get into the moves. So yes, I was sweating by the end of the 30 minutes!!

What I love most about the program is the constant LOVE! The positive language, fun messages on the walls, and the ladies WOOPing it up while dancing really kept me going and put a big smile on my face! Something that I honestly lack in my workout programs!

There's zero focus on "form" so don't expect to really learn how to squat or do a lunge... he focuses more on the fun factor and you doing you. Which is why this is such a great doorway to fitness. After this program I would probably suggest P90, and allow Tony to educate you on functional movement patterns, and gain more strength. Still very low impact, but a challenge!

I have been using my Journal that comes with the program and reading the 37 page meal guide as well. They load you up with some good info for such a "beginner" program! 


I am so excited to move onto Week 2 and a new routine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!