Thursday, February 21, 2013

OWN IT

I am not yet 6 weeks from having my 2nd child, so I OFFICIALLY have not started my workout programs. I have however done a ton of prep work! Prep work to workout? Really? Can't I just stick in the DVD and start right away?

Sure you can. And I am sure after 90 days you will get some really great results. But when it comes to REALLY taking charge of your fitness and health you need to plan. Think of it this way, you are taking your body from being a Toyota to a BENTLEY! Would you hop in the first luxury car you see and drive it home (well when I think of it, I totally would, IF IT WAS FREE!)??? Well it's not free, it's a huge investment. You do research, you check your finances, you shop around, you test drive. Then you make the purchase.

That is exactly what it is like to start a Beachbody program!

I know because I was there. I signed up for free, bought a program, bought a bag of Shakeology, and just dove right in. I didn't keep to any sort of schedule. I went to the gym and ran/lifted some days, took a class at the gym the next, did a DVD program two days in a row, drank my Shakeology every so often, but never truly changed my eating habits. I assumed I was doing enough and would be fine. 

I was so wrong!

I did see results. I really leaned out and gained some muscle in my legs and arms. But I wasn't FEELING healthier. I didn't feel like I was truly taking charge like my fellow Beachbody friends. They OWNED their journey and earned their transformations. I was taking the easy way out. It was time for a change.

First thing I did was look at the program I was doing, Turbofire. I went online and read tons of testimonials, watched youtube videos of Chalene explaining the program, and flipped through hundreds of transformation photos. I needed to WANT it. I wasn't doing it for the right reasons before, just to do it and say I accomplished a 90 day workout program. That is a totally bogus way of thinking. It's not about you, it's about the SHOW. This wasn't for anyone else but me, so I needed to want it more than anything. 

Basically imagine Facebook doesn't exist. You can't post photos and brag in status updates. Would you still be doing the program if no one could see you?

I then turned to reading material. I went on amazon and chose Chalene Johnson's PUSH and The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. There is no way in the world that I could pretend to know what I am doing if I don't do my research. So I turned to my inspiration, Chalene Johnson, and read up on how to get into the proper mind frame for turning my life around. If you don't own this book... GET IT! I also had no idea what clean eating even was! How could I change my habits if I don't know what direction to go in???? Get a good clean eating book with recipes. Start with ONE MEAL a day. Don't go in head first all at once... you'll drown! I did! When starting all over again I decided to take it one success at a time. Dinner was easy because I could plan it out during the day. I would flip through the book and choose something yummy and make it. Boom. Success! Ride that success and make it a habit. Once you are used to changing that one meal, move onto something else. Maybe breakfast? I wasn't eating breakfast, I always got a coffee and waited until lunch. BAD IDEA! Especially when you see how EASY breakfast can be when done right! The easiest thing for me to make was oatmeal and add sliced apples to it. Super yummy and totally made me feel full until lunch. BOOM! SUCCESS!

See how easy it is when YOU take control? And not let the program or diet control YOU!?!

Today's challenge... do your research!!!!! Buy a book. I recommend a physical copy so you can highlight and take notes. I love Kindle but I save that for pleasure reading. But the book and totally ruin it with notes! It will get you excited. Plus it will keep you honest and force you to really read it and not skim.

GO GET EM TEAM!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!