Monday, February 25, 2013

ugh.. post baby belly!!

Like every woman, or at least most, after having a baby, our biggest focus is our belly!

Everything is all about the belly for almost a year. From the minute you find out you are pregnant bump watch officially begins. I certainly "popped" a lot earlier this time around. I thought to myself, "oh my goodness I am going to be HUGE!" But it turns out this pregnancy I gained less weight and never grew bigger than I did with Kirsten. Honestly, my belly was probably a lot smaller.

Even though I got lots of compliments on how tiny I was, I knew there was still a lot of hard work ahead of me. Sure I had a cute little belly while pregnant, but that little bump turns into saggy skin pretty quickly once the baby is born!

At the moment, almost 6 weeks after having Charlotte, I feel like I am carrying a tire around my middle. It wiggles when I walk, hangs over every pair of pants (even my loose maternity leggings), and just looks strange. I stare at it every time I get dressed. I put on at least 4 pairs of pants before settling on my compression yoga pants that suck in my belly. I keep saying, "this can't go on forever!" But deep down I know, it will if I don't put in the hard work!

I am starting first with drinking more water, eating less salt, and drinking my Shakeology once a day. I am boy shaped, which means I have no waist, so all of my weight goes straight to my middle. I have that pooch under my belly button that is almost impossible to get rid of, and gets exaggerated when I put on weight or eat really fattening foods. First things first... controlling what I eat!

My first fitness focus is my belly. And here are my accountability photos. We all have to start somewhere... and hopefully this is the last time the tire will be present for the whole world to see!


Goodbye belly! You were cute when you had a little baby inside you... but we really need to part ways!

I will be posting about my DAY ONE OF TURBOFIRE/P90X HYBRID experience tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!