Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Healthy at a Cost

http://www.kcet.org/living/food/food-rant/the-problem-with-7-elevens-new-healthy-options.html

This Article just came out talking about the healthy food options that Tony Horton (P90, P90X, P90X3) has recently released to 7-11 customers in select stores.
He provides healthy wraps, salads and juices. http://www.tonyhortonkitchen.com


I love how Tony addressed this.

"The Problem With 7-Eleven's New Healthy Options is a piece written by RICK PAULAS for KCET.ORG. 

You might be asking yourself why in the world I'd be posting an article that bashes my attempt to give more people convenient healthier options at 7/11? 

My man Rick here thinks the THK offerings are TOO expensive. If he knows a way to deliver fresh salads, wraps and sandwiches for 5 to six dollars, and $4.99 for fresh cold pressed juices, I'm all ears. He also says P90X is risky btw.

I think Mr. Paulas is capable of finding something wrong with puppies.

Maybe I'm supposed to ignore curmudgeons like Rick Paulas. But I'm not the type of guy who can sit on his hands when someone has the gall to attack the team, who had the courage to try."


And I hear it a lot too... I'd eat healthy if it was cheaper.
I'm thinking you'd find the money in your budget if you 1. Tried and 2. Stopped eating out so much, bought TONS of bad food, and shopped at local farms.
I bought a bag full of fresh produce from a local farmer for $8. It was enough to fill our plates for almost a week.
Sure his options are pricey, more than a burrito and pop from 7-11. But I don't think you need to blame the company for not being healthy, I think it's just deflecting the real issue. You.
Maybe cook a nice meal at home, keep healthy snacks around, and be prepared for the day instead of turning to 7-11 in the first place.

OK I'm done ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!