Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 2: P90

Hello!




So here we are, week 2 of P90!

To recap, I've done P90X and P90X3, along with other Beachbody programs. But honestly, Tony Horton style is what really hooks me and gets me my best results!

In an earlier post I explained my initial reactions to the differences between the traditional P90X and P90.

The biggest difference, the modification!

Not only does he have a TRUE modifier for the entire workout, but he also shows you the moves (in the Sculpt series) before you do it. This is super different from really any Beachbody program. Gone are the days of busting out 25 push ups in P90X or trying to keep up with Insanity.  They really are taking the time to market extreme athletes and those of us who may need more help, or are just starting.

After doing this for 2 weeks, I've noticed more differences...

● Tony sets up the basics of the program by taking core techniques, and repeating them for a few weeks before moving onto harder moves and longer workouts.
● No more individual workouts. He mixes up styles in each workout. You go from martial arts to cardio to push ups to running to stretching or yoga all in one workout. But each one targets a different outcome: sculpt or sweat.

I'm still on A, and I like that I'm given all this time to repeat each move but choose to follow a different person on the screen depending on what ability level I am that day.

● Ab Ripper is now 3 dvds!
I struggled from start to finish with AbRipperX on P90X. I could do some moves but core is my weakness. Building up to harder moves in P90 has been really helpful!  I don't lay on the floor and pretend to do the workout anymore!  (Shhhhh)


Excited to kill it in week 3!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!