Saturday, February 14, 2015

God Sized Dream: Fear of Failure

Welcome back for yet another peek inside the book, You're Made for a God-Sized Dream by Holley Gerth.

Today I wanted to touch on FEAR and FAILURE. This is a major topic in my team page and I know it is on your mind... it is always on mine... when creating and going after your God Sized Dream.

Hey, going after your dream is certainly not easy. I run into it all the time... I am chugging along and then BAM, something comes up in my life (illness, wrench in the plans, my day getting away from me with my kids) and completely derails me from my path. It is funny how it can sneak up too. It may be something small, and you say, "I'll take care of it tomorrow." and then suddenly you keep putting it off and putting it off. Before you know it, that amazing pace you had going has become a complete stop.

You might also get overwhelmed with how hard your Dream is. Holy moly... do I know this! If I knew it was going to be THIS HARD I may not have even started! This is taking a lot longer and a lot more effort than I thought. I should stop.

If either of these things come up, there is only one thing you are responsible for... never giving up.

 

You have probably heard of this many time... "light at the end of the tunnel" or "when one door opens, another opens" or "just over the next hill, just around the next bend, is the breakthrough you have been waiting for."

Those aren't just sayings because they make you feel better. They are SO TRUE. Did you ever have a really bad day, and everything seems to be piling up on you and then you open you texts and you see an "I love you" or "Thanks for being so helpful" from a friend or family member in your message box? This happens to me all the time, I am just about to throw in the towel and God says, "WAIT A SECOND, GET BACK HERE!"
The book then moves on to something that I touched on before....

Here's a really good example:
Say you have a team of people who are told they need to build a ladder to the top of a building. No boundaries, just get to the top. You hurry up and build your ladder, start to climb, and suddenly one of the steps snaps and you go crashing back to the ground. It didn't work. A few other people fell, and a few are racing to the top.

What do you do?

Just because the first attempt at your God Sized Dream did not work, does not mean it is WRONG or that you need to give up. It just means that you need to find a new way. A lot of people mistake a wrong answer or a door that leads nowhere as being a sign that their dream is not meant for them, when in reality, it just means you need to rethink how to get up there.

 

 
A huge part of overcoming this hear of being on the wrong path, or that you may fail, is to constantly keep your dream in front of you. Keep it present in your life, in everything that you do. A big thing that happens, as we discussed earlier, is that LIFE gets in the way of your dream, when life should share an embrace your dream!
 
We often take for granted that a God Sized Dream will just happen, because it is so big and scary, we think that we just have to wish really hard and it will fall into our laps. Dreams are awesome, but they are not the end of the story. Those dreams and emotions need ACTION! Find an action step each day that will move your dream forward, and keep it in the front of your mind. That does not mean completely disregarding your daily activities in order to survive, but being mindful that you have goals to go after and need attention.
 
Something that happened to me a while ago, when I hit Diamond rank for the first time in August 2014 was that I never took time to celebrate. I saw the next goal and started to run after it. I really should have stopped and taken in the scenery for where my legs were currently planted. I never fully appreciated it, and therefore, lost it all.
It is okay to take time to celebrate. Sure the end of the journey is super rewarding, but it is rewarding because of all the hard work you put in to get there. So stop and really take note of that, and pat yourself on the back for sticking to it.
 
Can't wait to discuss more of the book later!!!!!
 
 
xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!