Tuesday, February 3, 2015

You Might Have a God Sized Dream If...

I am reading the book God Sized Dream by Halley Gerth and there are so many amazing lessons that come from it... so I wanted to share a really great, thoughtful chapter with you all. Plus it includes an assignment!

You Might Have a God Sized Dream If...

... it fits with your strengths.

... if your skills and experiences have prepared you for it.

... if you can't think about anything else.

... if you are scared silly.

... if people think you're crazy.

... if it's bigger than you are.

... if it aligns with God's purposes.

... if it's harder than you thought it would be.

... if it leads to joy.


First thing's first... how do you find your strengths??
"You are who you are for a reason. Customizing you wasn't a challenge. So why would He create you in a way that didn't match up with the biggest dreams he has for your life?

Take 10 minutes and write down your strengths. Use this picture for a few ideas, but really dig deep and try to find what drives you.




Here are a few of mine...
Adventurous Caring Funny Kind Integrity Hardworking Honest Helpful Energetic Flexible

If you are wondering if your strengths are RIGHT FOR YOU then put them through the STRENGTH test:

SERVICE (does it help me serve others)
TIME (has it bee present through much of my life)
RELATIONSHIPS (do others see it)
ENERGY (do I feel energized when I'm living this way)
NATURAL (does it come naturally to me, most of the time)
GLORY (does God get glory from it)
TRIALS (even in hard times, does it usually come through)
HEART (does this really feel like a core part of who I am)




Do you have experiences in your life that seem to be pointing you towards your God Sized Dream? If you look really closely at your life, there might be a lot of crazy things that happened to you, and they may all seem unrelated, but in reality... they are God speaking to you about your dream. You have to find how they weave together to really find the message in your dream.

For example... never in my life did I think I would be a health and fitness coach. I went to college for English and Art History... how in the world does that equal a Beachbody coach??
But when I look back at my college experience, everything I did was shaping me and giving me strength for what I was meant to do later.
I took quite a few feminism classes that really spoke to me at the time, I ended up getting a Minor in it!
I'm not here to give you a big long rant about women's rights... BUT it is a pretty big part in WHY I became a coach. I saw in myself after I had my second baby a woman who forgot what it was like to be herself. I dedicated myself to a fitness and nutrition routine that helped me not only shed some pounds, but get my confidence back.
Suddenly those classes in college really came back to me about empowering women and having a voice.

So that is a big part of my WHY... helping women feel empowered through health and fitness and self confidence.


Take a few minutes to write down a few experience in your life that seemed to be pretty significant and might be a part of your why. What was the major lesson you learned? How did it make your stronger to get through that experience?
Would sharing that experience help others?




Create a time line of your life and pin point those experiences.
Being a Beachbody coach means that we have to share our story. Sure you might get a few sales here and there from just advertising that you sell their products... but when it comes to really wanting to SHARE our experiences, we need a clear outline.
No one wants you to dump a ton of crazy info on them, or dump a crazy story out there on Facebook.
By creating a timeline you can have a point of reference when crafting posts where you want to share your story. Leave breadcrumbs. Little bits about yourself that keep readers wanting to come back for more!


Now that you SEE your God Sized Dream, or at least see it starting to come together through things in your past... it is time to write down the things you need to do to keep moving it forward. You looked into your past, time to start mapping the future!
Write down 3 action steps that will move you forward from where you are now (growing where you are planted) to where you need to be!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!