Sunday, October 4, 2015

Master Trainer Auditions

Cat can finally come out if the bag
{That saying always confused me, why is a cat in a bag?}



Anyway...... longish post so stick with me.....

There are few things in my life that I "gave up to God" and trusted that it would just happen.
The first time was 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Charlotte and we found some curious stuff on her ultrasound. She had a few markers for down syndrome, and we went through many weeks of worrying and trying to find answers.
And one day it hit me, the day I had to decide if we'd go through with more testing, that regardless of the results.... God would give me the child that was meant for me. He knew what I could handle, so I stopped all further tests and just gave it up to God.
And we were blessed with a healthy, crazy amazing little girl.

I didn't really trust God's plan again until just 2 weeks ago. {No I'm not pregnant lol}

Let's backtrack... A year ago I got certified to teach Piyo, a format that was so new to me, and an experience that was very much outside my comfort zone. I was working as a retail manager at the time and saw it as just something fun, new, and gave me more credibility when talking about fitness programs.

Little did I know, that class I taught, would ignite a fire inside that I had no idea existed. I love being in front of people, helping them reach their goals and full potential. I loved feeling like I was making someone smile, or feel good again for the first time in a while.

I loved it so much I quit my full time job to pursue coaching and teaching full time. Freedom to be home with my kids, be present in their lives while expanding my little fitness business.

I got certified to teach P90X in March and that's when everything changed. Finally the program that gave me my life back after having Charlotte was in a fun, energetic live class workout! I could share my love for P90X through coaching AND coaching in the gym. It's like stars aligned. I dedicated myself to this being MY thing and began teaching it several times a week.



Fast forward to Summit in Nashville this summer. I heard about this Master Trainer thing... I thought... I'd love to know more and see if it's something I could do. I walked into the auditions and watched as people got up and showed off their skills. I was certainly out of my league. These were the BEST IF THE BEST in group fitness. I got info from a trainer, and left.

This is when I started to give it up to God again. I knew then wasn't my time, I'd have to really train and dedicate myself to being THE BEST I could be.
So after Summit I went home and dug my heels in, and did everything I could to learn more and be better.

And two weeks ago a sign finally emerged, I got an email saying they were conducting an audition in Baltimore on October 3rd.
So I filled out the application and hit submit. After that I knew I had to get there, and really be on my A game.

I put on my blinders and only focused on this audition. I finally gave it up to God. I said.... If this is meant to be, please show me the path to take to get there. I'll do the work, you light the way.

Finally Saturday arrived and I was surprisingly not nervous. I packed my bag, jumped in my car and headed to Baltimore for auditions at 5:30pm.
I listened to the music over & over & over that I'd oerform. I knew the moves but visualized myself doing them perfectly.
If I ever hear Fall Out Boy "The Phoenix" again I might scream lol

I got to the convention center and after more waiting I was able to go into the room. There was a large group there to audition, along with 2 Master Teainers, and Barbara a Senior Director at Beachbody corporate.

We each had about 5 minutes to answer questions then we had to teach the other people there who were auditioning a piece from a format we chose.
I did P90X round 13 cardio..... my favorite!

I'll be honest, my audition felt good. I wasn't nervous because I KNEW I had this. I was ready. I was being me. I was lead here and meant to be here.

After working out to everyone else's routines, we then had a break while they talked. We got really good honest feedback,  all of which I knew I could use and bring to my classes.

Then they announced the 3... just 3... people who would move onto being Beachbody Master Trainer Ambassadors.

~~~~ AND I MADE IT ~~~~



I was stunned to hear my name. I was so excited but literally just stood there while she finished talking.

I'm beyond grateful to everyone who has helped me get here.
I'm officially a Beachbody Master Trainer Ambassador and will go through LOTS of work before getting the official title of Master Trainer <3
Thank you fitness warriors who come to every class, and push me to do better.
And thank you to my family for always supporting my crazy dreams <3

I'm beyond thrilled to be apart of the Master Trainer community and can't wait to learn more :) :) and bring you all on my journey of getting there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!