Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Transformation Tuesday


 I remember going out after having both kids and receiving complements like "oh my gosh you look great!" Or "well you've always been skinny, so no wonder you bounced back."

And I always smiled and said thank you. But deep down, I struggled with my appearance.
I desperately wanted to be the girl BEFORE babies and when I looked at myself, I was a deflated version of that.

Those compliments were both extremely damaging and something I needed to hear. It was a confusing time to be in my brain.

I wish two things....

1. That I realized then that I did look good. And to just savor my new mommy role. I was just learning how to take care of a little baby, a new life.... just like my body was learning how to live a new life in a new outer shell.

2. I wish I spent less time comparing. I was so mad at myself and would see pictures of moms who had it all together, and I wondered why my brain fought the notion that I was great too.

Because this was just the set up for big things. I wasn't my pre baby self, both inside and outside. I had to learn how to shape it on the outside differently than before, and nurture it differently than I ever did.
I never spoke nicely to myself.... I was a YEAH BUT girl.

Yeah but I need to lose 10 more pounds.
Yeah but I could eat better.
Yeah but other people got much better results.

I had to learn how to feed my body energy, good energy. And in turn, it started working FOR me. Not against me.

This transformation is about speaking nicely to yourself, and giving into the fact that it's hard. But never giving up.
Because the girl on the bottom photos is full of life and excited to keep moving. I have many set backs, but I see them as more fuel to my fire.

** I'm opening an October challenge for 5 women who want to stop the negativity and finally find something that WORKS **
My journey isn't yours, but we'll create your story ~ together ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!