Monday, May 11, 2015

Don't Let Life Run You!

When I graduated from college, I was pretty scared. I thought... okay now what? Because I sort of left without a plan. I figured, I'd apply to places, get hired, and then my adult life would start. I didn't take advantage of things like job placements or internships in school, I thought the degree would speak for itself. 

I left school and picked up more shifts working retail, because I had the time, and I was really good at it! I was a natural at talking to people and helping them with clothes... seriously, that is like the easiest job. So that easy job turned into just moving up in rank, and moving to better opportunities. I honestly thought that I found my thing. I was going to be a store manager, maybe work at corporate and my life would just fall into place piece by piece.

But after having my second child, a lot of stuff started to change, and looking back now, I see that was just a sign from God telling me to WAKE UP and listen. But I didn't, I kept pushing thinking I just had to get through all the crap to get to the good stuff. But the good stuff never came, it actually got worse. I left work crying, and if you know me, I am NOT a cryer!! 

I rarely got to bathe my kids. Our only interactions for the day were the conversations we had on our way to daycare, and usually my head was racing so much that I would turn up the music to drown them out. I came home late and worked A LOT of unpaid hours. My soul belonged to this job that I convinced myself meant a lot to me. Why?

I was consumed by proving that I was something, and rank and titles at work meant I was someone. When in reality, I was missing out on the best job of all... being a mom, and being me. 

This February I took a huge leap and gave up well over a decade of working retail... all those years that I built up to get somewhere... I gave it all up to be home with my girls, and figure out what God was trying to say to me years ago. 

My job as a Beachbody coach is NOT to sell you workout programs and an expensive shake (it's not expensive! lol)... my job is to show you that you have potential. Working out is FAR MORE than just "getting skinny" or "losing weight"... it is doing something for yourself that will forever resonate in your life. There is a ripple effect in taking charge of your health and fitness... and it is very real. 

So when I invite you to a challenge group or tell you that I think you'd be an amazing coach... I am not saying that to make money from you. I actually make very little from both of those things. I do it because someone did it for me. It took me YEARS after to finally understand why she did it... but sitting here today, being able to design my life that I love with my two precious girls... I can only hope that each and every one of you have this feeling too... and seriously go after those dreams. 

Life is WAY TOO SHORT to get caught up in what you SHOULD BE when you could be spending time finding out the unlimited amount of things you COULD BE. 

xoxoxoxo

p.s. my next challenge group is starting PRE SEASON on Thursday. If you own a program or want to give something new a try, get in contact with me! I'd love to have you!!!!

To join... please fill out this application!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!