Wednesday, May 20, 2015

#KarissaStrong Challenge

This past month I decided to work with a charity is giving back to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. And because of the great success with that, I wanted to search for a new charity to get involved with that really touched my heart.

After a lot of thinking and searching, I came across my friend Paul Kunko on Facebook.

Here is the story of his daughter Karissa....


Recently Karissa's attacker was found guilty and sentenced to death. Some may say that this ordeal is close to being over, that we can all move on, but domestic violence is still very real in the lives of many women. Karissa's story is just one of many, but by putting her story in the spotlight, and the recent verdict by the courts, will send a very strong message that families will not take this laying down. They will no longer be silent. And hopefully, we can save life before it has to get to this point.

I am teaming with Futures Without Violence to donate all proceeds in Karissa's name.

So how does fitness relate to all of this?

After talking with Paul, we both bonded over our careers in fitness. He was a personal trainer before all of this happened to his family, and I am a Beachbody coach who teaches group fitness classes. 
We both agreed that health and fitness can play a large part in EMPOWERING women to have a voice, and to have the self esteem to ask for help. A lot of domestic violence cases are SILENT because the woman is too scared to reach out for help, in fear of her attacker. We will be silent no more.

How will this work?

There are multiple ways that you can help. 
1. I am donating ALL of my commissions from any sales through my site to Futures Without Violence in Karissa's name. I will make no money from these sales, everything will go towards the fundraiser. I will tally the total at the end of the time period, and put it in our official GOFUNDME site. 
2. You can donate directly to the GOFUNDME site.
3. We are organizing a fitness class for anyone to attend. Come sweat it out with us, and all proceeds (admission and donations) will go towards Karissa's fund for Futures Without Violence. 

* Information on the fitness class will be up as soon as I secure a location and date! *

#KarissaStrong Challenge

So lets talk about the first item on that list... I work as a Beachbody coach. I help people find a fitness program and nutrition program that will best work towards their needs, and then place them into one of my free challenge groups for accountability while they are starting their journey with the chosen program. 

Programs range from the 21 Day Fix, T25, Insanity, P90X, Body Beast, Piyo, Slim in 6, Insanity Max 30, P90, P90X3, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Tai Cheng.... and more!!!!!!!

I'm sure you have seen some commercials ;)

If you are interested in joining us for a 21 day Challenge, called the #KarissaStrong challenge (official hashtag we will use when posting!), you can purchase a brand new program and I will put you in our private group. We will have an official start date in late June, so you have plenty of time to buy a program, grab some friends, and come sweat it out with us.

We are sweating for something A LOT BIGGER than us. Domestic violence is real and scary... and often a very lonely place to me mentally. If anything, this will send a message of COMMUNITY. That no one has to do this alone, and we can come together for not only a great cause, but to better ourselves in the process.

I will set up the FREE challenge, only cost for admission is to purchase a program and come ready to workout from the comfort of your own home! Grab some friends to join us, or to join you in your living room each day!

We will talk fitness, nutrition, and I will provide tips on clean eating and family friendly healthy recipes!
There will also be prizes along the way!

Everyone who participates is eligible for a FREE tshirt as well! 

Again, all commissions from purchased items will go towards Karissa's fund for Futures Without Violence. 


So are you in???

If you are interested in joining our challenge, or for more information on the Live fitness class in honor of Karissa, please add me on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/erika,levarse 

Or email me at mommyburgh@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!