Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday 3/25 Wakeup Call

When you are a Beachbody Coach you get to participate in these amazing things called National Wakeup Calls on Monday mornings. They are basically a big rally call to get your week started, and get you motivated. Each call is a different theme, and this weeks REALLY spoke to me! They discussed feeling the pressure to get sales in because the end of the month is quickly approaching... but with that pressure can come some sloppy habits.

I am an Assistant Manager at a retail store, so I have a ton of experience in selling and meeting new people. We are constantly talking about what works and what does not work when you are trying to sell a product.

Lets face it, Beachbody is a business and you have to sell products. That is a fact. In order to be successful you have to get people to buy. You won't hear it described that way too often, but that is the generic purpose of being a Beachbody Coach.

However... it is all in the HOW with and WHY that makes the difference.

We are all familiar with the concept of a used car salesman. It is this image that we have of a person coming up to you and SELLING you a product. They want your money, they want it now, and they will say and do anything to get you to buy it. They will trick you into thinking you need it, and pressure sell you into buying it. I feel uncomfortable just thinking about this concept! But we have all been there! I even see girls in my retail store acting this way!

That is when, as a leader, I have to step in and have them back off the situation for a moment. And usually this is how my conversation goes...

Me: "So tell me about what you did there?"
Sales Girl: "I asked what she was looking for and she told me dresses. So you I showed her our dresses and told her about how great they are and that they are on sale and she shouldn't pass up this offer because she won't find a better dress in another store!"

I just learned a lot in a short conversation. First of all... WOW! Information overload! The customer walked in the door, asked what she was shopping for, then bombarded with information! Where does she even go from there?

I always try to tell the girls to remember this.... KISS! (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!) Its silly but it works.

Start off with asking more questions, the more you know about a person the better you can help them!

For the sake of our example of a woman shopping for a dress, we would do the basic greeting but then move into a series of questions about her that are angled to direct us to what type of dress she may be shopping for...

  • Where do you plan to wear the dress?
  • Is it for one event or multiple occasions?
  • What colors do you like?
  • Do you work somewhere that you can wear a dress?
  • What is your favorite style? Do you like straps or strapless?
  • Are you open to other suggestions... like a skirt and top?
After I get that information from her I can then move into the sale... but make it seem like I am just keeping the conversation going. While taking her around and selecting a few of "my favorite picks" along with the ones that catch her eye, I casually ask her what her size is (including shoes size). I then ask her to keep looking around to see what else may strike her, and go off to place the items in the room.

BOOM! We are now rocking and rolling!

Now this doesn't work every single time, but it does work. OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS! But keep it light and simple. She is coming into YOUR store and wanting to check out YOUR product. Maybe she is just curious and truly wants to take a look around... GREAT! I love building relationships with people who are just looking! You never know if they may come back later after they get paid, or bring friends because they loved your attitude and service! It is all about the questions and building that rapport! 

I take this lesson into Beachbody constantly. I just think to myself... "what outfit does this person need today and how will I go about finding it for them?" But of course instead of outfits they are fitness programs, fitness equipment, or meal supplements! 

We are constantly being told BE THE PRODUCT! And I tell my girls at the store that constantly. If I walked blindly into a store and needed some guidance, I would head straight for the person who LOOKED LIKE THEY WORKED THERE AND HAD THE MOST CONFIDENCE! We all do it, even subconsciously! We want the expert advice, and we want to head to the person who looks like they are owning the room!

A lot of Beachbody work is done over Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, emails, and phone calls... but you can still own the room. Love the product and be it, inside and out! I always say to do your homework... try on the clothes, feel the fabrics, read fashion magazines... because it will make you that expert. Same goes for Beachbody... do the workouts, listen to the team calls, and get on message boards to see what the hot topics are lately!



Have questions about being a Beachbody Coach?
Contact me!
email: mommyburgh@gmail.com
twitter: PGHmommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!