Monday, March 4, 2013

Week One Review

I finished my first week of Turbofire/P90X hybrid and wow what an experience!

How am I feeling?
SORE! My neck is actually really sore and stiff. I think I'm just not used to working out and strain it while doing some moves, which makes it really sore afterwards. I am concentrating on doing the warm ups and cool down with each workout so I don't hurt myself.

I hear a lot of the time people saying they skip warm ups or cool downs and it is actually pretty dangerous to do so. Sure you can walk it off after a workout and feel fine. But they design these for a particular reason. If you leave a muscle tight then use it the next day you can risk tearing or other injuries. So do the warm ups and cool downs people! Come on, it is actually the easiest part!

I took my measurements today too....

Before (actual measurements from 3 weeks ago)
Chest 32
Waist 33.5
Hips 37
Thighs 19.5

After Week 1
Chest 32
Waist 32 3/4
Hips 36
Thighs 19

My Workout Schedule (I actually didn't stick to the hybrid schedule, I sort of did what I wanted according to what was really sore from the day before. But I covered all areas.)
Sunday: Chest & Back
Monday: Fire 30 + Stretch 10
Tuesday: Pylometrics
Wednesday: Kenpo X
Thursday: HIIT 20 + Stretch 10
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Fire 55 EZ + Abs 10

**** It is important to mention that I am replacing one meal a day with Shakeology! ****

This week I am going to try to stick to the actual schedule, unless I am really sore again and need to focus on another area. For example... my arms were burning after monday since both previous days are very heavy on arm strengthening... I could have done a Legs day or Yoga to give my arms a rest.

Don't be afraid to listen to your body. The whole point is that you are DOING SOMETHING and not just giving up because you are sore.

Now for some progress pictures!


Compare to....

I realize it is only a week but I already see a huge difference mostly in my middle and my arms. I had a lot of weight and skin land right on my hips so that is really my target area. It is hanging a little less over my pants too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!