Saturday, June 20, 2015

Insanity Update: Week 6

Holy moly I have been doing Insanity for 6 weeks!!!

Quick recap: I never did Insanity prior to these 2 months, I did Max 30 through the winter, which encouraged me to try the longer workouts of Insanity. 
I had a pretty bad attitude towards a cardio based workout, I thought it was just something that was NOT for me. Seriously, I was a weights and "take your time" kind of girl.
But I decided to stop being a baby, and turned on Insanity by using my Beachbody OnDemand feature on my laptop.

From day one this workout seemed to just be what I needed at this point in my life. I get results FAST, and that was something that I really liked. Whereas the weight based workouts tended to get slower results, I leaned out really quickly with Insanity.

So how did week six go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have fallen into a routine of following the calendar, and incorporating my classes into the week. So Monday and Tuesday are my really difficult days because I workout at home, teach a class (Piyo and P90X) and workout a little at the gym after my class.
~ if you workout more than once a day, for whatever reason, be sure to ADD calories into your diet for the day! ~ 
~ I eat an extra meal after I get home to supplement the extra calories burnt during class and hitting the elliptical ~

Me after teaching my P90X class this week!!!!

This week was a little different because I had the opportunity to sub for a Beachbody Master Trainer, Kam, while she was away in LA filming for an OnDemand feature that will be released soon! 
I was so excited for this opportunity, and even though some things went wrong (the music was not working for me) I made the best of it and pushed through.
As Kam would say, I wore my rubber band that day! (being flexible!!!)

Me before subbing for Kam!


By Thursday my legs were on fire, and I could barely walk. Seriously, after doing Insanity Sunday - Wednesday plus a Piyo workout and 2 P90X workouts... I was jello!
So Thursday I decided I need to stretch, and did Piyo Sweat from the OnDemand feature (it is seriously wonderful having all of these workouts at my finger tips, especially for moments like these when I need to switch things up and just STRETCH)

Friday and Saturday I went back to my regular schedule. By Saturday my legs were feeling a lot better (I could actually walk down the stairs like a normal person) and I powered through my workout! I felt good today, and even worked out with the kids playing in the basement and my dog parking at my from the top of the stairs. Distractions everywhere but I got it done and even pushed myself beyond what I was able to do last week.

Here are some pictures and video!

A little preview of P90X Live!

Warming up today! 
Check out Charlotte playing so nicely!

Progress!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!