Friday, June 5, 2015

Skin Masks and Glowing Skin

I grew up with OKAY skin. I broke out. Had marks on my face. But nothing so crazy that I felt self conscious about it.
As I got older, it sort of stayed the same. I thought it would naturally go away with age, but found out that I am probably a lifer with OKAY skin. Break outs were just going to be apart of my life.
So I had to start getting creative to make my skin look naturally healthy, and at least try to prevent the break outs. I tried going to a doctor, but really disliked the medicines I was given, my face always got very painful if I exposed it to the sun at all. 
I then started to seek natural remedies like making my own masks and researching foods that help your skin glow. And honestly, the break outs are much better and my skin is starting to look healthy on its own, without the need for foundation or thick powders!


Homemade Face Masks
Avocado Mask
To soothe or heal skin irritated from sun exposure, try this avocado mask.
• Mash one whole avocado.
• Add 1 tsp. flaxseed oil and 1 tsp. honey.
• Mix together until smooth and creamy.
• Apply to face and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Rinse clean with warm water.

Oatmeal/Egg White Mask
This mask exfoliates and removes dead skin and blemishes, leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
• You’ll need: 3 to 4 egg whites and 1/3 cup oatmeal.
• Mix ingredients together.
• Apply and rub mixture onto skin. Oatmeal will exfoliate the skin. Allow for mixture to sit for 5 minutes and let egg whites dry.
• Rinse clean with warm water.

Cucumber Mask
This mask purifies and cleanses the skin, leaving your face feeling cool and smooth.
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• Cut a cucumber into thick slices and place in a blender. Set aside 2 thin slices of cucumber for the eyes.
• Throw 3 mint or parsley leaves into the blender. Puree to a paste.
• Mix the cucumber puree with the yogurt in the bowl.
• Cover your face with the cucumber mask. Place thin slices of cucumber on the eyes and let sit on the skin for 15 minutes.
• Rinse clean with warm water.

1. Eat More Veggies! - antioxidants in veggies work to get rid of free radicals that damage skin. They help prevent wrinkles and dry skin... two things I am really interested in! Best veggies to fight wrinkles... cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes!
2. Vitamin C!!! - your body cannot store Vitamin C, so it is up to you to keep the supply replenished throughout the day, for ultimate wrinkle fighting benefits!
3. Go Green!!!!!! - Vitamin A is essential in keeping your skin healthy... and one of the best sources for it are green veggies! Best options... spinach and broccoli! Vitamin A helps with renewing cells to create new healthy skin!
4. Green Tea! - This one was an eye opener for me. Green tea helps prevent the stuff that creates acne under you skin. I drink one before bed every night with some lemon... for digestion!
5. Fish!! - Fish is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent sun burn and inflammation (wrinkles!). Top picks for fish... salmon and tuna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!