Thursday, June 4, 2015

Made for More



I tend to get inspired to write these types of posts like once a month. Like everything, this Beachbody business has its ups and down, and those ups certainly remind me of why I love doing this, and work so hard during the downs.

Today I opened up my office to check out my pay for this week. And I had to refresh my screen a few times to grasp what I was staring at!

My WEEK paycheck SURPASSED what I was getting paid weekly at my last job. And not by just a dollar or two... but by a lot. Enough for me to sit back and say.... "this was all worth it."

To rewind....

I worked retail for about 12 years. While I was in college and after college, it was just the easiest work I could find, and truthfully I was really good at it (toot toot lol).
But as you move up the ladder of success in retail, you begin to understand that you are living someone else's dream, and those warm and fuzzy feelings you had for being able to help ladies pick out outfits, quickly goes away.

But I was very disillusioned into thinking this was the perfect career path for me. I had a lot of people telling me I was a natural and good at my job, which I was, but as I moved up, I found that I did less of what I enjoyed, and more work for the sake of helping those above me.

My last retail job reflected that a lot. It started out as the perfect job, with flexible hours, and casual atmosphere. But we got a new district manager that was only out for herself, and was not shy about firing someone just because she did not like them. I watched as every single one of my coworkers were fired for silly small reasons, and feared that I was the next one to get the boot.

I put in my two weeks notice and asked to be transferred to a store closer to my house.... a month later that still never happened, and I was pressured into working because my store had no employees.... gee I wonder why!!!

Finally I had enough, no more working towards someone else's dreams. I wanted to work towards mine.

The day I left and decided to go with Beachbody full time was scary. I have two kids at home that rely on me to provide for them, and I was scared that I would fail miserably. 

But each day home with them only strengthened my reasons to keep working harder. I busted my butt these 3 months since quitting my job, and finally... can say that it is starting to show.

I do not work for Beachbody just to earn the paycheck. Honestly, I worked for less than $100 a week for them, but loved every single second of it, for over a year. And I'd gladly go back... even though I know my efforts are worth way more now!

I have made friends that will last me a lifetime, and encourage me to be a better person. I was never that girl who had a ton of friends... I always kept my distance and figured I wasn't good enough to fit in because I wasn't cool enough or interesting enough. 
Now I have really amazing relationships that are uplifting and a true blessing in my life. There is no competition, just love and trust. 

I do this because it makes me happy, and in the process I make others happy... because they are discovering their self worth, while I discover mine too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why not you?
What is holding you back from doing more with your life or leaving that miserable job... or at least cutting down hours to stay home with the family?

I am no fitness expert. 
I am not a nutritionist.
I am not the most athletic or the most in shape person.

I am me. Erika. A 32 year old mom of two girls. Just wanting to do better with each day that God gives me on this planet. And I won't waste that working towards someone else's dream.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd love to chat with you about how Beachbody can better your life!
Find me on Facebook www.facebook.com/erika.levarse
or email me at mommyburgh@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the comments! Thanks for sharing!